This Executive Director provides vision, strategic leadership and management for DCSS. The Executive Director is responsible for the oversight of all agency objectives, functions, operations, fiscal performance, quality improvement, regulatory compliance and networking relationships. Reports to the Board of Directors. The city and county commissions appoint the Board of Directors
Goal: Develop and foster a positive cultural environment of leadership, effective management, communication, and teamwork within the agency
- Oversee all staff hiring, development and evaluation
- Provide day to day supervision and empowerment to management level staff
- Ensure a high performance agency in which staff development, communication, teamwork, and empowerment and program integrity is assured
Goal: Along with the board and the finance committee, ensure the agency is financially stable
- Present regular reports to the Finance Committee and the Board on the status of the budget.
- Ensure full compliance with laws and regulations governing all aspects of the agency
- Ensure audits are completed and audit reports are presented to the Finance Committee
- Ensure all audit recommendations are discussed with the Finance Committee and an appropriate plan of execution is created and followed
- In tandem with the Executive Committee, assist with the development and execution of a fundraising plan that supports the budget presented to the Board of Directors
- Ensure the development and responsible stewardship of internal resources, policies and procedures, and community support for the agency
Goal: To provide the Board of Directors the information they need to carry out their duties as outlined in the agency’s by laws.
- Communicate clearly with the Board of Directors, providing input to all committees and the full board.
- Develop policy documents with the board for their approval, including the strategic plan and annual budget.
- Provide regular reports to the Board on the agency’s financial, administrative and programmatic status.
- Meet with the executive committee on a regular basis (to be determined by the executive committee) to discuss the agenda for board meetings and other topics as requested by the executive committee.
Goal: Ensure DCSS increases its community presence, continues to reach its goal to continue to provide services to seniors, and addresses the changing landscape and issues facing seniors in Douglas County.
- Identify and collaborate with external programs and initiatives which support the mission of DCSS.
- Identify and develop internal programs and initiatives which support the mission of DCSS.
- Stay abreast of senior services, retirement and nonprofit market trends and needs.
- Represent a positive image of DCSS within the community as the primary public face and voice of the agency.
- Promote public relations to ensure DCSS continues to be recognized as a vital service provider and resource agency.
- Ensure that the agency increases its leadership role among other community agencies and organizations within Douglas County.
- Support the five year initiative that encourages retirees to move and/or stay in Lawrence
- Minimum of five years of experience in a leadership position in the health care, social science, human services or public administration environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to quickly become familiar with agency related software
- Minimum of three years of experience in fiscal and personnel management
- Minimum of two years of experience in fund raising and developing strong community relationships
- Experience in a senior services agency environment, preferred
- Experience in grant writing and grant administration, preferred
- Experience as an Executive Director at a non-profit agency, preferred
- Minimum one year marketing experience, e.g., developing and executing a marketing plan
- Knowledge of the State of Kansas legislative processes and regulations, preferred
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to work on a computer
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references, no later than 8/14/2015 to email@example.com
Position Purpose: Assist with transportation program operations
- Assist with transportation operations; scheduling back-up
- Operate vehicles to transport passengers
- Assist with vehicle maintenance and safety
- Assist with training new personnel on equipment operations and procedures
- Answer incoming calls and schedule customer trip requests
- Call passengers to confirm scheduled rides
- Organize a manifest of rides for drivers using efficient routes to conserve time and fuel
- Maintain an accurate accounting of program participants and log sheets on a daily basis
- Provide safe, efficient and quality customer service to the public
- Operates vehicles to transport passengers according to set time schedule and route
- Performs routine pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Collect and record transit fares and balance daily log sheet
- Monitor communication while on route to ensure timely arrivals
- Reports mechanical defects to Transportation Coordinator
- Provides special care and treatment to elderly and handicapped riders
- Operates wheelchair lift equipment for passengers using mobility devices and those needing assistance with stairs or packages
Fleet Management Assistance
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs for all vehicles
- Keep accurate maintenance records
- Notify Transportation Coordinator to vehicle problems, and accidents
- Assist to ensure vehicle insurance, inspections, titles, and licenses are current
- Be alert to hazardous weather conditions that may adversely affect passenger safety
- Attend driver safety and policy/procedure training
- Effectively respond to emergencies on and near vehicles
- Complete clear and concise incident and accident reports
- Safely assist passengers on and off vehicles, loading and unloading items such as groceries, packages and to operate wheelchair lifts
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Knowledge of mechanics and vehicle maintenance
- Must be familiar with streets and business locations in Lawrence and Douglas County
- Safe driving record, and the ability to operate large motor vehicles
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work on a computer
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Must be timely, reliable, and accommodate a flexible schedule
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current insurance coverage, must be able to pass a KBI background check, and a KDOT physical
Please submit cover letter, and resume no later than 8/14/2015 to Heidi Briery at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the discretion to add to, delete from, or modify this position at any time.